Skip to content
- Training Videos – These are training videos for community providers who want to learn how to do a simple fall risk screen including a timed up and go, 30 second chair rise, the standing balance sequence and the mini-cog. these videos were designed to be visual reminders for non-clinicians who are trained in doing simple fall risk screens.
- Injury Free NC – Keeping people safe from injury and violence so that they can live to their full potential is an important priority. Injury Free NC is North Carolina’s unified voice for injury prevention. Here you will find the best available information related to preventing injuries and violence in North Carolina, access to experts, and ways to connect with the injury prevention community that works to keep North Carolina safe.
- Otago Exercise Program and Resources – The Otago Exercise Program is a series of 17 strength and balance exercises delivered by a physical therapist in the home, that reduces falls between 35 and 40% for frail older adults. This evidence-based program, developed in New Zealand, calls for PTs to assess, coach, and progress patients over the course of six months to one year.
- NC Falls Prevention Coalition – Information about efforts to prevent falls statewide as well as meeting information, Falls Prevention Coalition Action Plan.
- STEADI: Stopping Elderly Accidents, Deaths & Injuries
Toolkit for reducing falls; identify patients at all risk levels, identify modifiable risk factors and other effective innervations.
- North Carolina Falls Prevention Coalition
Its mission is to reduce the number of falls, fall-related injuries, and seriousness of injuries resulting from falls for North Carolinians